THEN COMES BABY!

First comes love, then comes marriage and then comes baby! Black Thumb built it’s foundation on capturing beautiful and unique photographs for one of life’s most special events.  Because our wedding clients are so wonderfully loyal we have seen a natural progression of more baby portraits. For our fall internship we hired Kayleena Tunewicz.  Her…

2012 – Year in Review – Weddings by George

2012 has been a fantastic year. We worked with some great clients this year and had the opportunity to capture some great moments, emotions and fun.Great emotion from a destination wedding in FebruaryWe like to have fun whenever possibleUnique textures and great light make this a favorite of the yearBubbles make every day betterGreat emotions…

2012 – Year in Review – Seniors By Alana

This past year we had the opportunity to work with an amazing group of seniors. I thoroughly enjoy being able to work one on one with an individual and pull out their personality in a photograph. This years seniors brought some great laughs, experiences, challenges and I can’t wait to see what next years…

2012 Alana’s Favs

Another great year has come and gone within the blink of an eye. I met many amazing people, had great experiences and I’m grateful for every moment! Here are some of my favorite shots from 2012. Enjoy! In the Hollywood spotlight! There is a lot I love about this image, the light, the composition, the…

LAST MINUTE GIFT OPPORTUNITY! SPECIAL ON FAMILY PORTRAIT SESSIONS! LIMITED TIME ONLY!

What do you get that family member/friend who has it all??!!  We have a great option for you – a family portrait/child portrait/pet portrait/head shot gift certificate!! Here’s the deal.  Our regular price for a portrait session is $150 for an hour or $275 for two.  From now through Monday, December 17 (until midnight EST),…

Published!! Newport Wedding Magazine

Long time…no blog.  It’s been a busy year to say the least.  I genuinely wish I had 48 hours in each day to tell you about each and every amazing experience we’ve had this year.  24 hours a day simply isn’t enough.  Keep your eyes peeled in the off-season as I try to recap some…

Our Summer Intern – Mark Elzey Jr. – The One and Only!

As a photographer, I look for inspiration in many places.  Fashion magazines (there goes my manhood), art galleries and other photographers’ websites are some of the most common places I find inspiration for my work.  And I tend to draw different elements from each.  Fashion magazines are great for posing and also provide great examples…

Touched By Kelley – Our Final Week

What a month we had with Kelley Jean and her family!  To say the least, she is one of the most inspirational kids any of us has ever met.  All of us have a new perspective on what’s important in life and how easy most of us really have it.  Walk a month in Kelley’s…

Merry Christmas!

The word that continually finds its way to the front of my mindthis year is blessed. I’m blessed to have a wonderful and loving wife who is my best friend. I’m blessed to have an adorable and healthy daughter. I’m blessed to have two parents, who even at 40 years of marriage still love…

Touched By Kelley – Week 3

Week 3 was a much better weekfor Kelley than Week 2.  She came home from the hospital on Saturday (yeah!) and has only had out-patient appointments since.  Her infection has cleared and she and her family are now preparing for a very joyous Christmas!   Here’s this week’s recap:   Touched By Kelley – Day…